POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Handedness : Re: Handedness (i was wrong!) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Handedness (i was wrong!)
From: bob h
Date: 4 Dec 2001 11:06:39
Message: <3c0cf48f@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message
> "bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> What I've never really understood is why Moray works with
right-handedness. It's
> not a major problem, but it does seem odd...

Um, sorry Tom, I tried to Cancel that message because I thought I goofed on
image_map going onto xy plane.  Now I have checked on it in the Docs to be
sure.  :-)  So now maybe I'm unconfused again.  It does say xy plane.  This
talk of coordinate orientation always turns me through an infinite loop!

Yeah, about Moray, it must be that the intent is to follow the logic in CAD
programs and the like.
Check out the *left-handed* Cartesian system I found:
http://www.xmlcreate.com/NCGuide/Basics101/basics101.html
--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}