POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Selective Radiosity : Selective Radiosity Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Selective Radiosity
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 3 Dec 2001 02:02:18
Message: <3c0b237a@news.povray.org>
I've been thinking of a way to do radiosity only specified objects. What I've
come up with is basically adding photons to Ron Parker's blurred reflection so
that you get blurred caustics. Unfortunately, as you can guess that gets to be
_very_ slow. So slow I can't even get a render finished overnight with a simple
test scene. I'm not sure how to optimise photons for speed, so maybe someone can
help me there?

I've posted what I've got on PovRay.text.scene-files.

Comments?

--
- Nekar

http://nekar_xenos.tripod.com/metanoia/