POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Memory question - splines : Re: Memory question - splines Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory question - splines
From: Rune
Date: 2 Dec 2001 07:45:53
Message: <3c0a2281@news.povray.org>
"Mark Wagner" wrote:
> On a more practical note, since you're using spline
> interpolation, you probably don't need to put every
> point calculated into the spline -- you can probably
> get away with only putting in every fourth point or so.

That method alone would bring it down at 175 MB or maybe even below 100 MB,
but that's still way too much for my computer with 16 MB RAM...

Combining it with Slime's suggestion could maybe get it down at 5 MB. Well,
I'll have to consider it some more...

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)