POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Optimized for Pentium III : Re: Optimized for Pentium III Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:43:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optimized for Pentium III
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 28 Nov 2001 02:34:45
Message: <3c049395@news.povray.org>
eddie wrote in message <3c044fd3@news.povray.org>...
>My current micro is a Pentium III.
>
>According to the help screen I am currently running
>version 3.1g.watcom.win32(Pentium II optimized).
>
>I may have copied the subdirectory from a P-II machine.
>
>If I reinstall on this P-III machine will the install package
>install a different version?
>
>How can I get/is there a version optimized for P-III?

There are two official Windows versions of POV-Ray 3.1g: a Pentium-II
optimized version, and the regular version.  The current beta of POV 3.5 is
optimized for a number of different processors simultaneously, resulting in
a significantly larger executable file, but one that is guaranteed to be
optimized for your processor, whatever it is.

--
Mark