POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Halftones : Re: Halftones Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:35:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halftones
From: bob h
Date: 27 Nov 2001 13:37:45
Message: <3c03dd79@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> I've been playing with color halftones, inspired by Rune's Pattern Control
> Trick, and I have something y'all might enjoy.  The third case in the
> halftone.pov file loses something if you don't have the image I used,
> because my image has a radio tower with its tip at the center of the
> onion pattern, but go ahead and try it with your favorite image anyway.

Extremely cool stuff.  newspaper or magazine photos, woodcuts or etchings,
all can be done without post-processing using that.  Really need not be a
radio tower there for the concentric circle style.

Might as well try out these too:

    #case (4) // hypno
      #declare SpiralScale=.03;
      pigment {CustomHalftone(Picture, SpiralScale,
        pigment{spiral1 2 translate <.1,.2,0>/SpiralScale},
        0, 0, 0)}
      #break
    #case (5) // netting
      #declare LeopardScale=.006;
      pigment {CustomHalftone(Picture, LeopardScale,
        pigment{leopard frequency -4},
        0, 0, 0)}
      #break

BTW, seeing as the double backward slashes are used in that file path, and
I've seen mention of that elsewhere, I wondered why I can use singles just
fine here.  Just common practice to use doubles all the time even though I
guess it's strings which really need them and not such things as image_map?

TIA for any feedback about that.

--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}