POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Light_sources in light_groups don't cast shadows. : Re: Light_sources in light_groups don't cast shadows. Server Time
16 May 2024 15:44:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light_sources in light_groups don't cast shadows.
From: bob h
Date: 25 Nov 2001 02:12:33
Message: <3c0099e1@news.povray.org>
"Mark Wagner" <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote in message
> Bob H. wrote in message <3bffaaad@news.povray.org>...
>
> >; Sets minimum number of objects before auto bounding kicks in.
> >;
> >Bounding_Threshold = 6
>
> Try changing this to 0.  You've only got two objects in the scene, so
> bounding boxes are not used.  It might be a problem with the bounding box
> code.  Use (or non-use) of bounding boxes has been a cause of apparently
> platform-dependent behavior before.

That changed it alright, very curious.  So must be the bounding/light
buffer.  Too bad I don't know POV program source code to fix it myself.

I went from 0 up to 6 again and not until 6 did it have a shadow, also was
slower to render of course.  Guess I just happened to have that set to the
magic number for this particular example.  I'm supposing 4 letters plus a
torus counts as five things.

--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}