POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Media Speedup Question : Re: Media Speedup Question Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Speedup Question
From: Bob H
Date: 23 Nov 2001 03:37:40
Message: <3bfe0ad4$1@news.povray.org>
"Lutz-Peter Hooge" <lpv### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> In article <3bfd19fe@news.povray.org>, ben### [at] catholicorg says...
>
> > How exactly does that speed things up, Bob?
> I'm not sure extinction 0 increases speed, but adding no_shadow to the
> container object does. Unfornutately, athmospheric media doesn't have a
> container object...

My intent by suggesting that was you wouldn't need as much scattering or
density perhaps, thus reducing the sampling of media "particles" or pixels.
Thing is, I seem to recall there being a speed-up if the media is denser and
less able to be sampled deeper.  I could be wrong.

Maybe you can get by with using a set 'intervals' value to prevent that from
going higher?  Not sure if that goes for v3.5 beta.

Bob H.