POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rotate list : Re: Rotate list Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotate list
From: nospam
Date: 17 Nov 2001 14:09:16
Message: <3bf6b363.4819448@localhost>
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:49:02 -0500, "Bill DeWitt"
<bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote:

>There is probably a simple way to do this, but I end up doing it the hard
>way and I am getting tired of it...
>
>    What I want to do is say "rotate y*30, x*60, z*90"
>
>    Instead I write
>    rotate y*30
>    rotate <60,0,90>
>
>    I made a sloppy macro that does it but it takes just about as much
>typing to #include it and then do rotmac( y,30,x,60,z,90)
>
>    Surely there is a better way. Am I missing something obvious?

I'm not sure if I understand the problem but I will post anyway and
hope it helps.  Here is a macro which takes three vectors and
rotates them in the order they are given:

  #macro rot_3(v1, v2, v3)
    rotate v1
    rotate v2
    rotate v3
  #end

To see the usefulness of that macro, let us show a sample call of
the macro, using your sample rotations:

  rot_3(y*30, x*60, z*90)

This saves a little typing.  Is that what you were thinking of?

Pete