POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trace()? : Re: Trace()? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trace()?
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 16 Nov 2001 08:04:29
Message: <3bf50edd@news.povray.org>
Follow-up set

"Arthur Flint" <mra### [at] chesapeakenet> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> Bill DeWitt scribis news:3bf48d91$1@news.povray.org:
> >     Well, they gotta fix that ^ business... Other than that, as is true
> >     of french italian and spanish, you can pick out root words and get
> >     most of the meaning.
> >
> It might look better if you could see the characters in proper format.
> The "^" should be over the character that it comes after. Until all the
> world lives with unicode, that is the best I could do. There is c^, g^,
h^,
> s^, and a u with a small symbole over it.

    I went through and set up two letter combinations for every phoneme I
could find and pronounce (for my own constructed language), using standard
American English character pronunciations. It seems like the folk who
developed Esperanto could have done something similar.