POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with IDENTIFIER and MACRO needed. : Re: Help with IDENTIFIER and MACRO needed. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with IDENTIFIER and MACRO needed.
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 16 Nov 2001 00:37:47
Message: <3bf4a62b@news.povray.org>
Andrew Cocker wrote in message <3bf451e8@news.povray.org>...
> why is it that the following doesn't work, and is there a workaround?
>
>#declare SplinePoint=MySpline(clock); //Gives error

It doesn't work because POV-Ray sees the "MySpline", decides that you are
declaring "SplinePoint" as a spline, and gets confused when it finds "("
rather than ";" or "{".  The workaround is:

#declare SplinePoint=<0,0,0>+MySpline(clock);

This tells POV-Ray that you are declaring SplinePoint as a vector.

>Also (this may be the same problem in a different guise), why does the
>following not work, and is there a workaround for this too?
>
>#macro MyMacro (Point1, Point2, Num)
>#local New=Point2-Point1+Num;
>#end
>
>MyMacro (MySpline(clock),<3,3,3>,6) //Gives error

I think it's the same problem.  I could be more certain if you had posted
the error message.

--
Mark