POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Too many nested textures? : Re: Too many nested textures? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Too many nested textures?
From: Redbeard
Date: 12 Nov 2001 23:22:13
Message: <3bf09ff5@news.povray.org>
news:3becf66d@news.povray.org...
> In article <3becb8f7$1@news.povray.org> , "Redbeard"
> <red### [at] wvadelphianet> wrote:
>
> > I was just doing some playing around and got the "too many nested textures"
> > error.  AFAIK, I only have one texture.  I have a single sphere with a
partial
> > transparent texture and a light inside.  That's it.  But if I set
> > max_trace_level too high, it gives me that error as soon as it hits the
> > object. Sooner, if there's other objects in the scene.
> >
> > Any ideas?  Or should I report this as a bug (3.5b7)?
>
> You know, without the scene it will be hard to guess your problem...

Sorry... here's a minimal scene.  As you can see, it only occurs with uv mapped
textures.

#declare R = 0.81; // 0.80 succeeds
#declare UV = true; // false succeeds
#declare MTL = 51; // 50 succeeds
global_settings { max_trace_level MTL }

#declare T =
texture
{
 #if (UV) uv_mapping #end
 checker
 texture { pigment { rgb x } finish { reflection R } }
 texture { pigment { rgb y } }
}

sphere { 0, 20 texture { T } hollow }

camera { location -z * 15 look_at 0 }