POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.international : contatti, light_group e altro : [it/en] contatti, light_group e altro Server Time
27 Jul 2024 16:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  [it/en] contatti, light_group e altro
From: Tony[B]
Date: 11 Nov 2001 20:58:19
Message: <3bef2cbb@news.povray.org>
Non dimenticare il prefisso [it]! Ora, ho capito tutto che diceste, ma non

1) light_groups are containers for associating certain lights to certain
objects. You wrap your objects and lights with it, and only those objects
are affected by those lights. You can also control whether or not global
light_sources (i.e. those outside of the light_group) affect the objects
within. That's basically it.

2) Sure, I don't see any harm done by trying it. It will give you good
practice for when it goes final. We need all the help we can get to find
bugs. The only thing is that you should keep your 3.5 install separate from
your old 3.1 install and MegaPOV, since I don't think you can plunk MegaPOV
into the 3.5 bin folder and have it run. I may be wrong. Also, 3.5 is faster
than 3.1 and MegaPOV for most intents and purposes. You will find a few
things that are unfortunately slower. I'm sure you'll appreciate the added
features, though.

Ciao,

"Antonio Lorenzo". :)