POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray used for visualizing orbit of asteroid Cruithne : Re: POV-Ray used for visualizing orbit of asteroid Cruithne Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray used for visualizing orbit of asteroid Cruithne
From: Bob H
Date: 10 Nov 2001 12:37:50
Message: <3bed65ee$1@news.povray.org>
news:3bec4ba6@news.povray.org...

>   If you have never heard of the asteroid 3753 Cruithne, you should
definitely
> see this.
>
> http://www.astro.queensu.ca/~wiegert/3753/3753.html
>
>   What makes this interesting is that the animations available in the page
> demonstrating the orbit of the asteroid are rendered with POV-Ray.
>
> http://www.astro.queensu.ca/~wiegert/3753/mpegs/int1.mpg

Hurrah! for the POV-Team.

I've often read of these things but hadn't seen animations of it until now.
Magazines never have animations.  Wonder if swarms of these things existed
long ago and are now less likely or if they are a more recent stabilized
phenomenon.  Kind of in the vein of a captured Moon theory versus the
divided Earth idea.

Bob H.