POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased (100 KB) : Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased (100 KB) Server Time
26 Jun 2024 06:04:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alpha problems: text is not antialiased (100 KB)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 8 Nov 2001 15:21:26
Message: <3beae946@news.povray.org>
In article <3beadbc2@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   This is a partial snapshot of the winpov preview window (which has been
> maximized to show the pixels more clearly). The behaviour is exactly the same
> as in the unix version.
>   And no, it's not something with the preview. When opening the image with
> another program (eg. Gimp), the result is identical to that.

I see.  I finally was able to reproduce your problem.  There is indeed
something very wrong with the alpha channel output.  The Mac version allows
to view the alpha channel even if POV-ray does not explicitly outout one.
When activating alpha channel output the whole output is suddenly screwed
up.  Obviously this is not right, so i can confirm this is a bug - alpha
channel output is completely broken.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde