POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : structures with povray : Re: structures with povray Server Time
18 May 2024 11:06:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: structures with povray
From: Rune
Date: 8 Nov 2001 08:07:31
Message: <3bea8393@news.povray.org>

> I found a simple way to store structures in POVRay.
> Perhaps it isn't new thing but I never meet this.
> Main key is to use array of arrays.

It's not new. I've been using it for some time and I know that Chris Colefax
has been using it for years. However, I too have never met any documents on
it. I've actually been thinking of writing a small tutorial about it, as I
find it to be very practical.

As I don't know other languages than POV-Script, I have no knowledge of
"structures". I've just been thinking of like it's a special kind of arrays
where the rows can have different lengths and contain different data types.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)