POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wrapping a HF around a Cylinder : Re: Wrapping a HF around a Cylinder Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrapping a HF around a Cylinder
From: Rune
Date: 2 Nov 2001 14:24:54
Message: <3be2f306$1@news.povray.org>
"Cris Williams" wrote:
> I seem to recall someone describing a way to wrap a
> heightfield around a cylinder.  Does anyone else
> remember this, or was I just dreaming?

Technically you can't wrap a height_field object around a cylinder, but you
can create a mesh object that is just like it.

With POV-Ray 3.5 is an include file "shapes.inc" which has a macro to do
just that. (POV-Ray 3.5 is currently in the beta stage. You can download a
time-limited beta from www.povray.org for windows or mac.)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)