POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tenative new deadline for 10best.raytrace.com : Re: Tenative new deadline for 10best.raytrace.com Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tenative new deadline for 10best.raytrace.com
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 2 Nov 2001 09:21:09
Message: <3be2abd5$1@news.povray.org>
news:3BE2A6EB.505F4517@gmx.de...

> "Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> >
> > This condition has been met.  There is amazing QUALITY but not yet a
> > CD's worth of QUANTITY.  (Again, the kinds of things that have been
> > beaten out of the bushes affirm IMHO my vision for this project!)
> >
> > So I'm putting November 30th on the web page; I hope that folks who
> > uploaded October 1st aren't offended.
>
> I think it would be good to mark this as the definite deadline then (and
> maybe print it larger) Writing that the period is likely to be extended is
> not a very good argument for people to submit soon.

    You must have your images in already...

    I just spent all my available POV time going through and trying to bring
about 8 files up to compliance with the newer versions of POV. I ended up
producing -zero- images (Halos seem to be my major problem right now). I
will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow to start anything rendering. At
this rate, if nothing like going to the hospital happens and if I don't get
distracted... I might have 6-10 images that I can post...