POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Testing your scene.... : Re: Testing your scene.... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing your scene....
From: Slime
Date: 30 Oct 2001 15:11:39
Message: <3bdf097b$1@news.povray.org>
First, I set the resolution to 320 x 240 (or 160 x 120 if it's really slow)
and turn off anything that's unnecessary for testing the effect (including
AA and other objects in the scene which may take up lots of parsing or
render time). Then I'll one or both of the following:

A) I'll render it *without* whatever's making it slow, then hold shift and
select (click & drag) the part of the image that I want to test, and then
rerender so that only the important part of the image is rendered.

B) I add +SP64 to the command line. This gives a quick mosiac preview, which
usually gives me a good idea of what's going on in the picture.

With really heavy stuff, it can still take a minute or so to view, but I've
never really had to deal with unbearably long render times.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]