POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : bitmaps as background : Re: bitmaps as background Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bitmaps as background
From: Bob H
Date: 28 Oct 2001 11:06:07
Message: <3bdc2cef@news.povray.org>
"Gordan Sikic" <gor### [at] inethr> wrote in message

> I have a file in dxf format, representing horisontal situation of the
> future town block, and a scaned photo taken from the air showing present
> situation. I should construct (very basic) objects representing
> houses,roads,gardens..., and to apply it onto the photo.

Apply the photo to a ground plane and use orthographic camera above that
while placing objects into the scene.

plane {y,0
    pigment {
        image_map {sys "YourPhoto.bmp" once} // whatever photo format
    translate -.5 // center
    scale <YourPhotoScaleX,YourPhotoScaleY,1>
    rotate 90*x
                }
}

camera {orthographic
    location -100*z // place farther than largest object extent
    right YourPhotoScaleX
    up YourPhotoScaleY
    look_at 0
 rotate 90*x // comment out to see from front instead of above
}

Maybe that will be of some help to you.  Not sure how your using your DXF
(as a mesh I suppose).

Bob H.