POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Passing macro as parameter : Re: Passing macro as parameter Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passing macro as parameter
From: JRG
Date: 28 Oct 2001 09:29:42
Message: <3bdc1656@news.povray.org>
Hmm, let's see if I've understood you:
you have a macro called F (X,Z) defined as follows (I guess):
F (X,Z)

*expression with X and Z*

#end

Then you have another macro you want to pass F to it as a parameter (but you
don't want it to be F(X0,Y0) where X0 and Y0 are predefined values).
Then I guess you want to evaluate F inside the second macro.

Are you using POV 3.5? If that's the case why don't you simply define the
function inside the second macro?
i.e:

#macro Macro1()
#declare F=function (X,Z) { *expression with X and Z*}

and then you can evalute F inside the macro.

--
Jonathan.