POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fog, media, filter, transmit questions : Re: Fog, media, filter, transmit questions Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:11:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fog, media, filter, transmit questions
From: Slime
Date: 25 Oct 2001 21:34:52
Message: <3bd8bdbc$1@news.povray.org>
I believe fog is a combination of emission and absorption. In other words,
it's scattering media. (Scattering media is identical to a combination of
emission and absorption, except that it also interacts with light. The light
is what causes the emission. So if there's no light in a part of the
scattering media, it will only be absorption there.)

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]

news:3BD### [at] yahoofr...