POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : bug with transparant object behind transparant difference? : bug with transparant object behind transparant difference? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  bug with transparant object behind transparant difference?
From: Berend Meijer
Date: 25 Oct 2001 16:17:20
Message: <3bd87350@news.povray.org>
Forgive the weird subject of this posting, but that's as close as I get to
the origin of the problem.

I use a transparant difference to create a spherical shell. Visible through
this shell is a part of a transparant cyclinder. For some reason the rays
that pass through both objects end up with the wrong color.

The following code is a minimum example that exhibits this problem. It was
rendered with version 3.1g.watcom.win32 on Windows 95 SE.

Any ideas anybody? Am I right in the assumption that this is a bug, or am I
overlooking something obvious?

Berend Meijer

// **********************************************

// A nearly transparant vertical cyclinder ...

cylinder
{
  <0,-1,0>, <0,0,0>, 0.5
  pigment
  {
    color <1,1,1>
    filter 0.8     // <-- This seems to be (part of) the problem
  }
}

// ... with on top a nearly transparant spherical shell ...

difference
{
  sphere
  {