POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray keychain : Re: POV-Ray keychain Server Time
12 Sep 2024 10:53:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray keychain
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 24 Oct 2001 12:53:28
Message: <3bd6f208@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote in message
news:3bd6e439@news.povray.org...
> We have some concept art up at
>
>   http://www.povray.org/temp/keychains.html
>
> which shows a few designs that I and the pre-beta testers came up with.
> This list isn't definitive, but it's a start.
>
> I'd like to hear from users about the following:
>
>   1) Whether the idea as a whole sucks or not;

Good idea.

>   2) If not, then if you would purchase one (cost unknown at this stage,
>      but I wouldn't expect that it would be more than US$20, and probably
>      less).

One surely. Maybe two. Probably not more.

>   3) Which of the abovementioned designs attract you the most/least.

I like #2 most. But I'd like to see the others with no paint, I might change
my mind (guess #5 would be good in pure metal). YKYHBRTLW is excellent. I
don't know about brass though... Imho Pov need's something techno like steel
or aluminum.

An old idea : a rotatable key-chain with "Persistence" on one side and "of
Vision" on the other side (or "P r i t n e o   i i n" & " e s s e c   f V s
o ").  (=POV in action.)

> This isn't a competition to chose a design, but I do want to attempt to
> eliminate those designs that people like the least.

???

Povingly,

Philippe