POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray keychain : POV-Ray keychain Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray keychain
From: Chris Cason
Date: 24 Oct 2001 11:54:33
Message: <3bd6e439@news.povray.org>
In a response to a discussion on this server a few weeks ago, about the
desire to be able to purchase POV-Ray 'things' (I think it was a coffee
mug), I have been investigating my options in this area.

A mug (printed in full color) seems to be fairly expensive, because of
the setup costs. I don't really want to do one in single color.

So I decided to test the waters with something that is cheaper to make,
and where the manufacturers don't mind doing a small run of a few hundred
or so.

I ended up deciding I'd like to have a good-quality metal keychain made.
This fits the above criteria, plus it's rather practical since most folks
have keys ;)

We have some concept art up at

  http://www.povray.org/temp/keychains.html

which shows a few designs that I and the pre-beta testers came up with.
This list isn't definitive, but it's a start.

I'd like to hear from users about the following:

  1) Whether the idea as a whole sucks or not;

  2) If not, then if you would purchase one (cost unknown at this stage,
     but I wouldn't expect that it would be more than US$20, and probably
     less).

  3) Which of the abovementioned designs attract you the most/least.

This isn't a competition to chose a design, but I do want to attempt to
eliminate those designs that people like the least.

Feel free to make your own designs if you can do it in the next few days
(post them in the binaries.images group). I don't have a lot of time to
spare because, if I go ahead with this but don't get the design finalised
by the end of this month, the lead time would cause it to slip too close
to Christmas for comfort.

-- Chris