POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blobman 5.0? : Re: Blobman 5.0? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobman 5.0?
From: Rune
Date: 24 Oct 2001 08:59:07
Message: <3bd6bb1b@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> Tony asked for general advice.

No problem, I was just a bit confused because you didn't make clear what you
were talking about. Looking again I see that Tony asked you directly for
advise so I guess that's why, but I think that it's always a good idea when
replying to a specific question in a message to quote that question. Helps
avoid confusion.

> I like the idea of a "single-blob" character.  It opens
> the door to science fiction ideas and has a very different
> feel than Peter's file, which IIRC is a CSG of multiple
> individual blob components

I agree it's an interesting idea. This and much more will all be possible
with the system I'm thinking of.

May I ask how you have achieved to group together blob components that
belong together in the same body part, so they can be transformed together?
I'm thinking of simply adding the same transform to all the components that
belong together, but maybe you've discovered a more efficient method?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)