POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : noise_generator histograms : Re: noise_generator histograms Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:00:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: noise_generator histograms
From: Bob H
Date: 23 Oct 2001 14:16:00
Message: <3bd5b3e0@news.povray.org>
news:3BD56A04.E20EC0F9@pacbell.net...

> It seems to me it is a hand full of advanced users that are worried
> which default will be used (more for their own selfish reasons) than
> for concern about new users :)

I'd prefer it being the new "fixed" way by default.  This might be a good
reason, advanced versus new users, since people familiar with the program
can easily change it where applicable.  Only thing that hampers this idea is
when new people use old scene files, that would be the primary concern here.
But like I said, noise_generator 3 would be my choice.  Or beyond that,
anything else which is the better overall if it is ever changed before
POV-Ray v3.5 is final.

Bob H.