POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : noise_generator histograms : Re: noise_generator histograms Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:09:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: noise_generator histograms
From: Slime
Date: 22 Oct 2001 12:10:18
Message: <3bd444ea$1@news.povray.org>
Nope, that's now a flaw, there's also a spike on the far left of the same
histogram. That's caused by the plateaus of black and white in
noise_generator 1.

I had almost solved the problem with version 3.1 bozo earlier, it involves a
lot of probability, but it *is* possible to remove the plateaus and still
keep the pattern looking very similar. I sort of gave up when I heard that
version 3.5 would have the new noise generator, but maybe I should look back
into that...

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]