POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SW Episode 1- POV? : Re: SW Episode 1- POV? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:13:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SW Episode 1- POV?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 22 Oct 2001 09:55:26
Message: <3bd4254e$1@news.povray.org>
"Francois Labreque" <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote in message
news:3BD### [at] videotronca...

Well, it's possible that some of the background details might have been modelled
in pov and made their way into the film, and such minor details might not have
earned a credit.

Presumably, as time is of the essence, sfx makers aren't averse to a bit of
scavenging. I'm SURE I saw someone in the pod-race crowd holding my teacup...

(we can dream, can't we?).

BTW the crowd scenes at the pod race (i.e. the audiences in the stadium) were
not rendered. They were coloured q-tips poking up, with the bulk of the q-tip
underneath. Someone wiggled them to create nice crowd movements....

A bit insulting to think q-tip manafacturers had a closer assoc. with SW than
the massed ranks of pov... (well, maybe not - SWEP1 stunk...)

f-ups set... (IMHO)