POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 Boning suggestion : Re: Mesh2 Boning suggestion Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 Boning suggestion
From: khaver
Date: 19 Oct 2001 12:32:59
Message: <3bd055bb$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> "ingo" wrote:
> >  Yes, they can be assigned to several vertices, but they
> > don't have to be! Nothing stops you from writing a mesh
> > that specifies a normal per vertex
>
> Ok, but that's rather inefficient.
>
> I think there's plenty of good reasons to implement the feature I've
> proposed.
>
> Is there anybody besides me who thinks it would be a good idea?
>
> Rune
> --
> 3D images and anims, include files, tutorials and more:
> Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)
> POV-Ray Users:   http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
> POV-Ray Webring: http://webring.povray.co.uk

Personally, I would like POVRay to switch to a plug-in architecture.  Where
different functionality could be attained by seperate modules.  Adding more
and more functionality to POVRay simply bloats it.  Those that simply want a
fast single frame raytracer wouldn't have to contend with the added memory
overhead of a animation system built in to it.  Those that want animation
would simply add the animation dlls to the system.