POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Controlling Highlights : Re: Controlling Highlights Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Controlling Highlights
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 18 Oct 2001 10:07:48
Message: <3bcee234@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message
> "Ben Chambers" <bdc### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to control the color of a specular highlight?  Ie,
> > want the color of a material to be, say, rgb 1, but the highlight to be
rgb
> > <1,0,0>.  I've tried using light groups, but if I use a second light
source
> > of a different color for the highlight, then it affects the base color
of
> > the object as well.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >

> Sounds tricky, in that, as far as I can tell, you're trying to model very
> unrealistic behaviour...

So?  And a reflective sphere really -does- float above a checkered plane? :)

Actually, I -would- just use reflection min and max to give my object a
colored tint, but that then depends on the surroundings for the color.  I'd
rather have it based on the surrounding -lights- than the
surrounding -objects-.

...Chambers