POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Controlling Highlights : Re: Controlling Highlights Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Controlling Highlights
From: Bob H
Date: 17 Oct 2001 19:24:28
Message: <3bce132c@news.povray.org>
"Ben Chambers" <bdc### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to control the color of a specular highlight?  Ie, I
> want the color of a material to be, say, rgb 1, but the highlight to be
rgb
> <1,0,0>.  I've tried using light groups, but if I use a second light
source
> of a different color for the highlight, then it affects the base color of
> the object as well.
>
> Any thoughts?

Only way I know of is to put a underlayer texture which is highly specular
and metallic (and red) with the upper layer being highlightless and slightly
transparent but not enough to show.  Checking on it I could get a decent red
highlight using rgbt<1,1,1,0.01> for the top layer and specular 50 to 100
for the bottom layer.

Bob H.