POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : WINE - the new POV Utility. ;-) (image 238k encoded) : Re: WINE - the new POV Utility. ;-) (image 238k encoded) Server Time
15 May 2024 11:50:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WINE - the new POV Utility. ;-) (image 238k encoded)
From: Bob H
Date: 13 Oct 2001 18:23:10
Message: <3bc8bece@news.povray.org>
"Jon A. Cruz" <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote in message
> "Bob H." wrote:
>
> > Looks like LiteStep to me, except I don't remember if the footprint
graphic
> > looked exactly like that or not.
>
> It's the GNOME desktop running on RedHat 7.1 and using Enlightenment for
the
> window manager. The Enlightenment theme is E-Tech Hydro (those 'pipe'
borders
> on the windows).

Figured it might not actually be LiteStep, I was thinking of one of the
themes for it to emulate the look of Gnome I guess.

> > Hey, what the heck is that 0xdeadbeef part of the command window?
>
> "What the H*** is deadbeef?! Or lstat64.c?"
> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-users/2001/09/0453.html

Oh.  I see now, sorta.
Might be one of the fears non-programmer POV users envision their quaint POV
program might start giving as errors someday if the source code gets wacky.
;-)
Wasn't this brought up before? Deja vu.

> Basically when WINE hits a load of something it doesn't have implemented
yet,
> it sets it to that value. Later, if it is ever called it will blow up.

Windows has always had that, in a way...  just needs a graphic to show that
happening instead of the boring BSOD.

Bob H.