POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is it real...? : Re: Is it real...? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it real...?
From: Hugo
Date: 13 Oct 2001 16:53:17
Message: <3bc8a9bd$1@news.povray.org>
I model small objects from scratch, based on precise measurements from real
life. Because big objects in real life are made up of small objects. I have
a library of small but realistic looking things, that I made myself. Those I
can add to a bigger scene later on. Even on a distance, details should give
a better look. I model the back side of things too, but I try to avoid fully
invisible things, such as internal gear like you mention.

You rarely see me posting images here, first of all because I work a long
time with them, and don't finish anything so often... Secondly because I
recently lost most of my objects in a harddisk crash, so please backup your
things, folks.

Hugo