POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #macro question : #macro question Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  #macro question
From: Kevin Loney
Date: 11 Oct 2001 00:32:33
Message: <3bc520e1@news.povray.org>
two things, is it possible to return a 2 dimensional array from macro, and
then assign it to another matrix? povray won't let me do this and I'm not
sure if there is a way to do it. there is nothing on it in the docs.

eg.
currentPositions = evaluateInitialPositions( lengthSegs, widthSegs, clothL,
clothW, randomness )

currentPositions and the value returned from evaluateInitialPositions both
have the same dimensions

second question, is there anyway to set up a refernece parameter in a macro?
for example in c++ you add an ampersand(&) infront of the variable in the
function definition

thanks in advance

--
Kevin