POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : amapi question ?? : Re: amapi question ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: amapi question ??
From: MR
Date: 10 Oct 2001 13:52:33
Message: <3bc48ae1$1@news.povray.org>
thanks anoop,

i'm making headway... last night i was managing to use the
lil lightning (delete faces) tool and the vertex selection to surround
an area and it was deleting.  but i didn't repeat the process from
scratch and this morning i couldn't get it to work.  it makes me
smile, cuz i know that this is a basic operation and i'm being
stupid about it.  i know that one of my mistakes is just flat out
refusing to learn too much about the application...  all i want to
do is slice up the mesh, export to pov, and take the money and
run.  this evening i'm gonna look in the manual under the punch
and delete faces modelling tools and see if that sheds any light.
and i might have to break down and do a few of the basic tutorials.

this is kinda comic here... i'm trying to learn pov, so what happens?
first, i run thru the pov online docs til about page 26 and lo and
behold, it shuttles me off to moray, and cuz pov's tutorial on it was
for a WAY outdated dos version, i'm now plowing my way thru the
moray tutorials... and i want this skeleton model BAD, so what
else am i doing... stumbling around with amapi.  and oh yeah...
lets not forget 3DWin, too.    LOL.

it appears that pov requires you to sleep around with a lotta different
software.   i must be promiscuous...  i kinda like it.  ;-)

i'll check out the yahoo groups.  thanks for the tip.

miker