POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Seeking Anim advice : Re: Seeking Anim advice Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seeking Anim advice
From: Rune
Date: 8 Oct 2001 14:47:51
Message: <3bc1f4d7@news.povray.org>
"Bob H." wrote:
> Naahhh.  #switch with #range is so much easier to use
> for such a thing.  :-)

I disagree. Not necessarily anyway. As I understand it the first phases of
the building has to remain throughout the animation, only more and more
parts are added to it. What I've written here is based on that assumption.
If the assumption is wrong you may ignore this message.

#switch and #range is not suitable for that, as they only allow one
switch/range to be active at a time. Or does it allow several at a time? I
don't recall, but there still would be no advantage in using it, as the
upper limit of all the ranges would all be the same.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)