POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : new hardware configuration question ?? : Re: new hardware configuration question ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new hardware configuration question ??
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 7 Oct 2001 15:29:23
Message: <3bc0ad13$1@news.povray.org>

> As long as Dell&Co continue selling Pentium 4 PC's with 128 Mb RAM there
> is no danger. ;-)

Compaq actually sells a 1.533 GHz Athlon with 512 MB RAM for 1249 $ IIRC.
My own 3 months old system can handle only 1.5 GB RAM at maximum and I
wanted to take advantage of the low RAM prices.
But even with some tricks, Win98SE works only with 1 GB RAM. :-(

I hope my next scenes memory usage grows slower than in the past.

Norbert