POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Low accuracy values in Isosurfaces : Re: Low accuracy values in Isosurfaces Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:00:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Low accuracy values in Isosurfaces
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 6 Oct 2001 05:08:33
Message: <3bbeca11@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb in Nachricht <3bbec1ed@news.povray.org>...
>Marc-Hendrik Bremer <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
>: This scene shows black Isosurface artefacts when the accuracy value is
set
>: to high
>
>  So?

Oh, sorry. This is related to the a thread in p.b.I ("is this a bug?
(~14k) - iso35_01.jpg (1/1)") where I suggested that you should change the
VFAQ about the isosurface artefacts (disappearing isos, black spots). Now it
only mentions max_gradient as a possible cause of this problems, but in my
experience to high "accuracy" values can cause similar problems. Christoph
Hormann doubted that, so I provided a testscene. If you render it with an
accuracy of 0.1 you will get iso artefacts.

This is not a bug-report or something like that, it's only a suggestion to
give a more complete answer in the VFAQ.

Marc-Hendrik