POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh polygon reduction? : Re: Image/photo to cross-stich pattern Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image/photo to cross-stich pattern
From: jarbee
Date: 4 Oct 2001 20:06:34
Message: <3bbcf98a@news.povray.org>

news:3bbcc92c.166298612@news.povray.org...
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 07:53:46 +1000, "jarbee" <d_j### [at] yahoocom>
> wrote:
>
> Is your software available anywhere ?? I know someone who's quite fond
> of cross-stitching and paint-by-numbers who's actually asked me if it
> was possible to convert an image (photo or computer art-work) to a
> pattern for this.
>
> /Erkki

Actually, I wrote the program as a sort of one-off, to create a large
cross-stitch of our dog who passed away :-(
If enough people are interested, though, I will find the source and slap
something a little more user-friendly together.

BTW, I realise now that I should've posted to the programming group. Sorry
to all... but with the lack of replies, obviously my mesh idea is too dumb
or too similar to others anyway.