POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : new hardware configuration question ?? : Re: new hardware configuration question ?? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new hardware configuration question ??
From: Jim Kress
Date: 4 Oct 2001 17:30:04
Message: <3bbcd4dc$1@news.povray.org>
Win ME can handle up to 768 MB of RAM.  I have a system that is configured
like that.  In my case I was limited by the motherboard.  Some
configurations will limit max memory to 512MB of RAM.  Win ME and 98SE are
quite similar so I would think it would allow the same memory as ME.  Check
with the motherboard maker to determine the limits for their boards and
BIOS.

NT 4.0 (SP5)  will handle up to 2 GB of RAM.

I refuse to participate in Micro$oft's annual rite of operating system
upgrade/ extraction of money from the user so I am unfamiliar with Windows
2000 and XP.

Good luck.

Jim