POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity question : Re: Radiosity question Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity question
From: Tom Melly
Date: 4 Oct 2001 11:27:21
Message: <3bbc7fd9$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:3bbc7a79@news.povray.org...

<snip>

Hmm, could it be a problem to do with no overlap between the areas interpolated?
The defects appear pretty circular.

As an analogy, if I average a bunch of pixels by averaging each individual
pixel, the result won't be very smooth, even though it is accurate. If I get the
average by averaging all pixels the result will be smooth but inaccurate. To
achieve accuracy and smoothness, I ought to average pixels in blocks of four
(2x2) and then just offset one before making the next average? e.g.

abcd

average ab then bc then cd not ab then cd

Needless to say, I have no idea what I'm talking about....