POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A boarding pass model? : Re: A boarding pass model? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A boarding pass model?
From: Ruy
Date: 4 Oct 2001 05:21:27
Message: <3bbc2a17@news.povray.org>
> Personally, I can't imagine many people willing to help with that at this
> time, if you understand what I'm saying.  I'd probably have one someplace
> amid old papers unless put in the trash by now, which is more than likely.

Yes, I understand it quite clearly. I regretted the request almost the
second I hit "send". Even if we weren't living the current situation with
the threat of terrorist attacks still looming over us all, I would be
frowning at a simlar request ("Wait a minute, is this guy actually trying to
fabricate counterfeit boarding passes?"). And, of course, at times like
these, such a request is more than likely to stir even federal authorities.

If an explanation is needed, I'm doing an image for the current stills theme
of the IRTC, warfare. The acts of war perpetrated on sep.11 were not carried
out with conventional weapons, but with much simpler and - provided you use
them as directed - harmless devices: plane tickets and box cutters. I've
moddleled both objects in my scene, but with Brazilian plane tickets in
mind, and I'm not so sure it would be understandable from a foreigner
point-of-view, since the plane tickets down here are still those old thin
booklets not suited for automatic electronic printing/reading.

Well, that's about it. Please feel free to ignore the request. I don't think
it's something as inappropriate as to be cancelled, so I won't do it. It is
still an honest request with an honest purpose in mind.

Thanks for your time and attention anyway.

Ruy