POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : UniversalBeams and a MAcro Question : Re: UniversalBeams and a MAcro Question Server Time
3 Jul 2024 03:02:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UniversalBeams and a MAcro Question
From: Bob H
Date: 4 Oct 2001 03:13:49
Message: <3bbc0c2d@news.povray.org>
"Rob Brown-Bayliss" <on_### [at] clearnetnz> wrote in message

> Is it possible (I might try latter anyway) to make the cylinder a bit
> rough then cut the hole with it?  I doubt that adding bumps would do it,
> Or would it?

Not unless you either use a CSG union of slightly randomly offset and
rescaled cylinders acting as a single one, or use a isosurface cylindrical
(or spherical) shape having surface "noise".  And I couldn't be certain
isosurfaces would be perfect enough in CSG since I seldom try it myself.  I
only know they can be problematic sometimes.

So, if you were thinking of normal {bumps 1}, for instance, that means
nothing to surface locations.

Bob H.