POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WANTED: Your 10 Best Images : Re: WANTED: Your 10 Best Images Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WANTED: Your 10 Best Images
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 3 Oct 2001 22:14:10
Message: <3bbbc5f2@news.povray.org>
Well,

1)  It's not about official releases of povray; megapov-produced art is welcome
to as great a seat at the table as official releases.

2)  For the 2d toony stuff, at the bottom, I say "This category refers to image
processing or raytracing algorithms that create an image which appears to have
been prepared by traditional 2d processing:  paint on cellulose, watercolors on
canvas."  So perhaps still a tiny category, and I couldda clarified it better.
All the better, IMHO, if it's a unique and interesting-- eclectic even--
category. If that category inspires the one person who has experimented with the
technique to divulge his or her talent then the world is a better place.     My
agenda for these buckets is just for INDEXING.  I want the CD to have a page for
bloke interested in Landscapes and one for the guy interested in 3d toons and
for the graphic design editor looking for talent in Columbia.

3)  As for experience: so pick the "higher" category.

4)  Source files certainly permitted, not required.  I think that (I don't want
to create a "false" persona just to check it out) the actual final upload page
says it's "optional."

5) Caves? Landscapes are: "Representations of the outdoors, planets, natural and
geological phenomenon, etc."
You have been to: http://10best.raytrace.com/tracinstyles.html, right?