POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macros : Re: Macros Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macros
From: Tom Melly
Date: 3 Oct 2001 09:52:55
Message: <3bbb1837$1@news.povray.org>
<dav### [at] intrepidvoygrcom> wrote in message news:3bbb109e@news.povray.org...
> Ken:
>   I've went through most of the include files in the INCLUDE Directory.. I
have a understaing of how they work, and how they are constructed.. In fact I've
used just about all the stone features.. the problem I have, is makeing the
stone look rough... rough enough to be a stone.. Not a polished rock.  Of
course, I know that doing POV brings a certain sense of Sur-realism to the
picture, which I will incorporate into other aspects of the picture.. I just
trying to create stone pillars..

Have you played around with normals? Aside from that, I would suggest either
switching to megapov or hanging on for a couple of weeks/days/whatever for pov
3.5 and using isosurfaces...