POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What and why is megapov : Re: What and why is megapov Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What and why is megapov
From: Bob H
Date: 3 Oct 2001 00:48:14
Message: <3bba988e@news.povray.org>
"Rob Brown-Bayliss" <on_### [at] clearnetnz> wrote in message
> > Even so, I thought Linux could run the graphical POV as well?  Or is
> > that by preference to run a non-GUI version?
>
> It can display the rendering in an X window while rendering, which is how
> I do it.  I code in an editor, save, click on the term and repeat last
> command, which is a test render.   I could setup a hotkey in the editor
> to do this ias well of course, but havnt

Okay, thanks for enlightening me on that, I don't remember what other people
had said about it so I envisioned mostly Gnome or KDE or Wine (never have
used Linux BTW) being used with POV-Ray somehow in those.  I used the
POV-Ray for DOS quite a bit years ago and it sounds a lot like how that was,
although you probably have a better editor than MS Edit like I had used.  I
fluctuated quite a bit between the DOS and Windows ones but CodeMax really
ended that for me.

Bob H.