POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What and why is megapov : Re: What and why is megapov Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What and why is megapov
From: Bob H
Date: 2 Oct 2001 12:12:51
Message: <3bb9e783@news.povray.org>
"Rob Brown-Bayliss" <on_### [at] clearnetnz> wrote in message
> > Please bear in mind that the 3.5 GUI has been upgraded as well.
>
> I didn't know povray had a gui?  Or is it only the windows version that
> has a gui?  Useing linux I note there is no 3.5 beta, but since I am a
> newbie I prefer to use the older, know good 3.1.

The Macintosh platform has it also, although different from the PC platform.
Other possible (and non-GUI) platforms are probably left out for now because
it's the bug report frenzy time right now.  Except I couldn't say for sure
anything about all that.
Even so, I thought Linux could run the graphical POV as well?  Or is that by
preference to run a non-GUI version?

Bob H.