POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What and why is megapov : Re: What and why is megapov Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What and why is megapov
From: Bob H
Date: 2 Oct 2001 02:15:47
Message: <3bb95b93@news.povray.org>
"Rob Brown-Bayliss" <on_### [at] clearnetnz> wrote in message
> > Others simply do not work in a reliable fashion or are only
> > half-finished by the original author.  The goal of POV-ray 3.5 is to
> > provide _stable_ and _working_ set of features.
>
> Ok, so I can look at the mogapovs as the unstable development branch of
> Pov-ray, and pov-ray as the tested and known to work branch?

Errr, yes, okay.  That's about it.

Just that sometimes when a "feature" is added, or changed, or improved,
things elsewhere in the code can break.  So, to be a little humorous about
it MegPOV is currently the most stable program because it hasn't been
changed in so long.  P-R v3.5 is still undergoing constant change right now.

Apparently, had v3.5 incorporated all of MegaPov no one would be seeing the
beta of 3.5 and final release would have been months (and months) away,
IMHO.  But I know many of us are awaiting the new and improved MegaPov also
just so we can move it into the \bin\ alongside pvengine.exe and continue to
toy with it from the new official version.

Please bear in mind that the 3.5 GUI has been upgraded as well.

Bob H.