POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 Boning suggestion : Re: Mesh2 Boning suggestion Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:44:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 Boning suggestion
From: Rune
Date: 1 Oct 2001 13:00:34
Message: <3bb8a132@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" wrote:
> What I'm suggesting is that this sort of large-scale
> proposal would be much more convincing and "saleable"
> to other people if you'd do first some sort of
> feasability study of what you propose and demonstrate
> it on a smaller scale.

Quite understandable. That's what I'm working on, I just wanted to seed a
discussion and awareness of the possible potential at an early stage. Then
when I post my animated demonstrations people will already have this in
mind.

> So, making a working, usable include file of a generic
> (bones only) quadruped (not biped) walking/running
> animation would be a first step in that direction.

While I can understand that a quadruped will be a greater challenge, I can't
see why a biped would be about equally useful. But in the long run I'll have
a try with both.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)