POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 Boning suggestion : Re: Mesh2 Boning suggestion Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 Boning suggestion
From: Rune
Date: 30 Sep 2001 16:50:52
Message: <3bb785ac@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" wrote:
> Rune wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > What you suggest is a specialized capability for
> > > manipulating mesh data.
> >
> > No, a capability for deforming meshes in a certain way.
> >

> What's the difference?

Well, it's a matter of definition I guess but I choose not to call it mesh
data manipulation since the mesh data (in the file) remains constant. "Mesh
data manipulation" leads my thoughts to changing the written mesh data,
which it is not what happens. But of course all computations involve
internal manipulation of data but that's needless to say.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)